Hi, I’m Maxine Teller, a business strategy consultant with 20+ years of success defining business strategies, developing new revenue opportunities, and expanding distribution for public and private sector clients.
My passion is solving interesting, strategic business problems. My unique angle is understanding stakeholders’ needs, leveraging emerging technologies and leveraging collaboration principles to enable clients to more efficiently and effectively achieve their missions and business objectives.
I am also a connector. I connect people (network development). I connect ideas (strategy development). I connect organizations (business development). Authentically engaging and participating in the conversations your stakeholders are already having will enable your organization to better achieve its objectives by achieving your customers’ objectives.
In successful organizations, people support what they help to create. It’s one thing to recite this as a mantra, it’s quite another to make the organizational and technological changes necessary to truly integrate it into the fabric of your organization. Organizations that can be real and focus on results will rise above their competitors, attract and retain stellar employees and achieve their long-term objectives.
What did I do before I went out on my own?
- Explored and evaluated new businesses and managed content syndication at washingtonpost.com
- Developed and executed the Pentagon Channel’s distribution strategy
- Founded an award-winning financial services startup during the dot-com boom
- Developed clients’ online communications strategies and websites with (now-defunct) marchFIRST
- Guided executive teams at IBM, 3M, and HP through strategic innovation initiatives that wove together industry foresight, customer insights, and internal alignment to create future businesses
- Earned my MBA from Georgetown University and my BA in sociology from Brandeis University
When I’m not working, I like to kick-box, in-line skate, bike, do ’80s aerobics, cook without recipes, drink strong coffee, search for the world’s best scone, walk on the beach, picnic outdoors, drive faster than I should, explore new places, and dream of traveling to exotic destinations.
I live in Chevy Chase, MD with my husband, daughter and son. Tweet me—@MaxineTeller—if you’re going to be in the area and want to grab a coffee. If networking were a job, I’d apply in a heartbeat.